The Knorr-Bremse Group, based in Monaco of Bavaria is a leading global manufacturer of braking systems for rail and commercial vehicles. Other business units are systems of automatic doors, air conditioning systems for railway vehicles and vibration dampers for engines.
For 60 years Microelettrica Scientifica, based in Milan, designs, develops and manufactures contactors, protection relays and resistors dedicated to more advanced applications for rail transport, urban mobility and industry.
In 2005, Knorr Bremse acquires Microelettrica Scientifica. A leading German group integrates an Italian excellence company.
In 2005, the Knorr Bremse CEO said to his German top managers “Let the italians do their job alone”
In 2013 he confirmed “Continue to let the Italians do their job alone ”
Mec Gru solution
In 2012 Microelettrica with the Knorr-Bremse Group invests in a new high-tech plant located near Milan.
MEc Gru engineers collaborated in this project from the beginning, developing the best technical solutions.
Lifting devices provided
– n.5 under running bridge crane with SWF Nova rope hoists
– n.6 jib cranes with SWF SK electric chain hoists
– n.5 SWF Profile Master under running bridge crane with n.10 monorails and 220 meters of runways
The main plus
– Customer approach: from “white paper” to the “final delivery ”. Mec Gru take care about the complete project step by step.
– Complete offer: possibility to propose all range of lifting products supplied by one partner only.
– Efficiency: project developed in order to have many single positions of work for increasing the productivity.
– Technology: very appreciated the SWF high techical standard products.